When it come to purchasing a real estate property in Italy, please consider the following expenses:
Stage of Preliminary Sale and Purchase Agreement (PSPA) exchange
- Registration taxes for the PSPA equal to a fixed amount of EUR 200 (Imposta di Registro – registration tax) plus EUR 16 every 4 pages or 100 lines (Imposta di Bollo – duty stamp). If the PSPA is notarized, the duty stamp due is of EUR 155. For additional info, click here.
- When the PSPA includes a down payment, it is subject to an additional registration tax, varying depending on the type of down payment. For additional info, click here.
Transfer taxes vary depending on the type of seller:
If the seller/s is/are private individual/s, the following registration taxes are due:
- Imposta di Registro:
- Imposta Ipotecaria, equal to the fixed amount of EUR 50;
- Imposta Catastale, equal to the fixed amount of EUR 50.
If the seller is a developer and the property is residential or social housing, the following taxes are due:
- equal to 22% of the purchase price or if the property is listed as a luxury residence or a villa;
- equal to 10% of the purchase price if the property falls in a different category;
- Imposta di Registro, equal to the fixed amount of EUR 200;
- Imposta Ipotecaria, equal to the fixed amount of EUR 200;
- Imposta Catastale, equal to the fixed amount of EUR 200.
 This rule applies, unless the seller decides differently, only if the construction or the renovation was completed in the last 5 years.
For further information or assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Just fill in the form below: